Humans don’t come with instruction manuals. Fortunately, Carrie Contey, Ph. D. and Bernadette Noll are joining Wake Up to share that there is no “right way” to parent, and no set of guidelines to follow when raising your child. Join us along with Carrie and Bernadette for a day of exploring how to be a clear, confident and present person and parent. You will leave feeling inspired to go forward and create a blissful family life!
5 things you will learn:
- What it means to be a conscious parent
- Clarity around what's essential for your own well-being (and how critical this is to your relationship with your child)
- A new way of thinking about triggers and how to use them for growth
- Freedom from doing it “right,” and a commitment to presence over perfection
- How to take time out of your day for a “family life tune-up”
- Carrie and Bernadette will guide you through techniques and intentions to deeply connect with yourself and what's possible for you and your child, and you’ll leave the day with the specific tools needed to create your own family instruction manual.
Knowing yourself is the greatest gift you can give to your growing people! The truth is that there isn’t just one “right way”, there is only your practice of parenting.
Prereqs & Preparation
Wear comfy clothes and bring a wide-open mind and heart. Our day will begin at 10:00 a.m. and conclude around 5:00 p.m. Included are all materials, pens and customized workbooks. We will be serving hot and cold drinks, snacks, as well as a delicious and organic locally catered lunch. We will gather at Vuka (411 W. Monroe St.), just one mile South of downtown Austin, off of South 1st. Parking is plentiful in the old Jovita's lot (1619 S. 1st St.). If we can provide additional information or if you would like to share any ideas or comments, please click "contact" and send us a note. Thank you in advance for making this investment in yourself. We look forward to welcoming you to Wake Up!
About Our Facilitators
Carrie has been passionate about understanding babies, children and human development since she was a child herself. Her deep and persistent interest motivated her to go as far as she could in studying humans from the very beginning. As a result, she received her Ph.D. in prenatal and perinatal psychology in 2006. Carrie has been working with families as a parenting coach – teaching classes, running a successful online program called "Evolve" and seeing clients one-on-one for the past 10 years. Her work offers a whole new perspective on family life and humanhood and what we need to be healthy, happy, whole human beings in all phases of life.
Bernadette Noll is a writer, maker, creative thinker, community collaborator and author of three books, Make Stuff Together, Slow Family Living and Look At Us Now, A Creative Family Journal, released May, 2016. You can read more about Bernadette and Slow Family Living at slowfamilyliving.com. Born and raised in New Jersey, she has called Austin home for the past 25 years, and lives with her four children Lucy, Otto, Esme and Dean.